Pages

Friday, February 22, 2019

Wow! I did it!

Today, I got my usual three o'clock call while I was at the grocery store.   The Boy said "I stopped on the walk home from school to steal a drink.  You have a box on your welcome mat."  "Yeah, that's Dumbledore.  Toss him on the desk."


He was in the freezer.  Poor guy.



First order of business, Muggle clothes.


I was very pleasantly surprised by the hair.  Nice and thick!  (I'd heard differently.)


Now, about that beard....  I originally intended him for a head swap, plain and simple, because of the beard. Why, oh, why?  Not only is it hard plastic, it's attached to his face all weird.  If you take it off, he looks like the kid who got fused with a gas mask on Dr Who.  "Are you my mummy?"

Rebuilding his entire lower face, which has been done, is beyond my ability and inclination, but I've seen where some have trimmed his beard and it looked pretty good.  So... I braced myself for the coming disaster and tried that.


Well.  Here he is.  Not bad, if I do say so myself.  

And now I've got that Bellamy Brothers song in my head.  
"He's an old hippie and he don't know what to do..."  

2 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job trimming the beard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pleasantly surprised! Glad it worked out, it's so hard to find old folks!

    ReplyDelete