Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Morning, Noon, and Night

Morning 


Taylor:  What's going on?  Why is Samantha crying?

Gabriella:  He's back.  I guess he got expelled again. 

Taylor: I can just imagine what he said to her.

Kevin: Actually, he's only spoken to one person since he got here, and it wasn't Samantha.


Samantha (crying): I thought she was my best friend.  How could she...

Alex: I don't know.  But don't let them see how upset you are.


Draco: I hope my parents find a new private school for me quickly.  I loathe having to associate with the likes of these people.

Charmaine: I know what you mean.  I wish my folks didn't insist on my attending public schools.  

Draco: I wonder about your parents, Charmaine, I really do. Are you certain they're as wealthy as they appear? 

*****

Noon


Fred: This is Silver Stream.  She's a mare.  That means girl horse.

Orlando and Samara: Ores!

Fred:  When you get big like me, you can ride her with a grown-up.  When you get big like Stacie, you can ride her all by yourself.

Pike: Fred, get down before you fall and spill the babies.  I've already got Dr. Potter here, I don't want to have to call an ambulance.

Fred (climbing down):  Are the doggy and kitty okay?


James: I can't say for sure until I run the blood tests, but they appear to be healthy.  You'll want to make an office appointment to get them fixed?

Fred: Why we gotta fix them if they're hell-fee? 

Pike:  I'll explain that later, Fred.  Say, James, I heard we might be neighbors soon. 

James: We're closing on a house right down the block.  Hope to be moved in by the wedding.  You've got an eighth grader and a third grader, don't you?  

Pike: Taylor's an eighth grader, but Stacie's in fourth grade.  You have kids that age? 

James (chuckles): Between the two of us, we have one of each sex in both grades.  She's got girls, I've got boys.  That's why we needed a bigger place - either of our two bedroom homes wasn't up to the job. 

Pike: Does she still think Rose-Grace is out to give the whole town to the amusement park?

James:  That's why we bought in your neighborhood.  It'll be the last one gobbled up. (Turns to Angus)  Now that I've dealt with the creatures that could have come into my office, it's your turn.

Pike: Hey, you were already scheduled for today.  I figured you'd offer to check them anyway.

James: Yeah, I probably would have. If all the blood tests are good, then they're going to need names.

Fred: I'm the boss of getting ideas.  You got any?

****

Night


Midna enters the data for today's business while Mariko and Whitney clean the diner for closing.

Mariko: Back of the house is done.  Once Whitney's done cleaning the tables, we can mop...

Someone knocks on the locked door.

Whitney: Jeez, people, we close at ten.  Read the sign!

Mariko: Oh, crap.  That's my aunt.  Something must have happened.

Midna:  Let her in.  I seriously doubt Nova Nakano is going to rob me.


Mariko:  What happened?  Are Dad and Mom okay? 

Nova: They're packing for the move.

Midna and Whitney:  MOVE?!  

Nova:  Don't worry, Mariko isn't going with them.  That's what I've come to tell her.  (To Mariko) Since you were so upset, your dad and I worked things out.  I'm moving into the house with you so you can stay here in Barbieville.  


Mariko:  Thank you!  Oh, Nova, you are the best aunt ever! 

Nova: Now, about that two week notice Mom told you to put in tonight... You can still do it if you want, but your new guardian is totally okay with you working as long as your grades don't suffer. 

Mariko: Why would I want to do that?  I love working here!

Nova: I figured as much.  I loved it, too, when I worked here. 

Mariko:  Wait, what? 

2 comments: