Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Mistakes Were Made

Albus stops by Sulu's Greenhouse on his way to work.  


Sulu: Not you, too.  I've already told both her siblings and John the same thing...  I couldn't tell you if I knew.  Professional ethics.  

Albus: I know they aren't coming from here.  You don't do flower deliveries.  But surely you have contacts in the plant community.  

Sulu:  Sorry, man.  I worry about it, too.  We were friends once, you know.  I'd hate to see her fall victim to a stalker. 


Already disappointed, Albus is on the way out when he sees Hank browsing.  

Albus (irate): You've got a hell of a lot of nerve, showing up here! 


Hank: Have we met?

Albus (feeling about a millimeter tall):  I'm so sorry!  I mistook you for someone else! 

Hank: Happens to me all the time.  I guess I just have one of those faces.

Albus: I don't know when I've ever been this embarrassed.  I'm Albus Dumbledore. 

Hank: Hank Higgins.  Wonderful to make your acquaintance. 

****** 

After lunch, John shows up at the mayor's office for a mysterious meeting.  Kyra sees him in with a sly smile.


Rose-Grace: The village of Barbieville has a proposition for you, Mr. Smith.  Look over this paperwork, please, and let me know if the offer is agreeable.


She watches as John reads over the paperwork not once, but twice.  He finally looks up at her with hope.

John: This is for real?  The county agreed to it? 

Rose-Grace: Provided you take the steps outlined on page three.  A coalition of your clients has agreed to cover the related expenses.  


John bursts into tears and hugs Rose-Grace, thanking her profusely.  

Rose-Grace (chuckling): Well, this is thoroughly unprofessional behavior, but under the circumstances...  I'll allow it. 

******

A short while later, at Witch's Cove Administration:


Pocahontas: I told you to let it go.  Whoever is sending -- 

She's interrupted by John bursting into the room.

John: The closing down of my day care center just became temporary instead of permanent! 


Pocahontas: Say what?

Albus: Calm down, son, before you give yourself a coronary.

John (after taking a moment): The county has agreed to let Barbieville move my center into one of the towers.  After I do some classes and get my GED.  A bunch of my clients pooled their money to pay for the classes, too!  I'm so...  so....  blessed!

Pocahontas: You're gonna need help with that math portion.  I hear it's a nightmare. 

John: You and Sulu will help me there, right?  Since we're all friends again?

Pocahontas (laughing): You sound like Roxy.  Of course we'll help you.  Now get out of here and celebrate with your daughters.  


After John all but dances out, they rise to go inspect progress on the Windigo.

Albus: I'm glad you've finally forgiven him.  All these years, you were mad at him for doing the exact opposite of what your father did. 

Pocahontas: It was never over him taking responsibility as a father.  It was about him having sex with Albion in the first place.

Albus: He was a teenage boy with an erection and a willing partner.  And he's paid for that mistake a thousand times over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment