Pages

Friday, June 14, 2019

Questions

Early Saturday afternoon, the Pike residence. 


Bobby: Giddy up, lion!

Vivica: That's a tiger, you dummy.

Fred: I wonder what was in that letter John gave our big people.  My daddy said bad words when he read it and now they're having a big meeting.

Bobby: I hope nobody gots bugs. 

Wilma: No, if it was bugs, my mommy and grandma wouldn't let me come play with you guys. 

Fred: Maybe Jenny or Ty gots bugs. They had to stay home with the big kids. 


Sulu: Thanks for coming.  And thank you, Rose-Grace, for letting us meet here.  

Rose-Grace: It's only logical.  I've got the most room. 

Sulu: We all got the letter from John.  We can't let this happen, and I'm not just saying that because he's my best friend.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not willing to drive my kids all the way across the county to let people I've never met take care of them. 


Suzie: Ty is devastated.  He loves John.  And we need the day care more than ever, with Frodo working now.  

Eddie: I don't understand why John is suddenly an unfit care giver.  They've known all along that he doesn't have a diploma or any kind of formal training.  


Joe: They're doing it for legal reasons.  We decided Jenny's old enough to go to work with me.  If I feel it's not safe, I'll do the work on Batgirl's days off so she can stay home.  

Batgirl: But we're open to a better idea.  Right, Joe?

Joe: Jenny would miss her friends if we have to do that.  We'll hear you out, Sulu.


Eddie: We're kind of stuck, though.  Town employees have to send their kids to county day care agencies.  It's in the contract. 

Rose-Grace: No, we get free day care if we use county facilities.  We're allowed to pay out-of-pocket for other options.  I only use John during the school year.  On summer break, Taylor and Nikki babysit.

Eddie: So I could pay your girls to babysit Ty?


Lynch hurries up the steps onto the deck and hugs her husband. 

Lynch:  Sorry I'm late.  I had a bit of inter-agency drama. 

Sulu: We're just getting started.



Lynch: I'll tell you, I am livid.  Our children have had enough turmoil in their lives without having John taken away from them.  Vivica in particular - John is one of the few men she feels safe with. 


Whitney (painfully aware of her youth): Too bad we can't set John up in business for himself. 

Rose-Grace: Whitney Darling!  You might be a genius! 

Whitney: Wait, what?

Rose-Grace:  We've got all those initiatives to lure businesses into Scott's stupid skyscrapers.  I just might be able to find one that meets our needs.  

Whitney: Wow.  I was just trying to inject some levity.

Rose-Grace:  Honey, right now, you might be the new queen of levity!


Meanwhile, on the Muneca Lake Beach.

Nancy: Who is that man?  

Guinness:  If you're going to look at other men, do you have to tell me about it? 

Nancy:  Seriously, there's something very familiar about that man.  I feel like I should recognize him. 


The man in question.  

3 comments:

  1. Wow, who's the guy with the beard? I'm always looking for dolls of, er, my generation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the "Barbieville Census" page. I've got a couple of Silver Foxes.

    ReplyDelete