Pages

Friday, June 21, 2019

Into Summer

Zenobia starts her shift at Sunburst, already looking forward to the move this evening.  She gets an unpleasant surprise at her first table. 


Draco: Oh, dear god.  You're waiting tables now? 

Zenobia: Obviously.   I'm also moving into Lakeshore.  

Draco: From one slum to another.  Honestly, Zenobia, what is wrong with you? 

Zenobia: Contrary to popular opinion, there's nothing wrong with me.   

She takes their drink orders and leaves menus, all business. 


Charmaine: You know that person? 

Draco: Unfortunately, she's my sister.

******

Kyra and Brent follow Rose-Grace to the barn so they can check out The Tank prior to borrowing it.  


Rose-Grace: There's a total of five sleeping surfaces but we also have a small tent we use.  

Brent: You need one, as large as your family is. 

Kyra: This thing is a lot nicer than you led me to believe.  (To Brent) I've only ever seen the exterior.  She told me it's all cobbled together, but look at this - everything matches and there's even a shower in here. 

Rose-Grace: Pike recently found a similar model and cannibalized it.  

Brent: He does good work.  There's very little indication this wasn't professionally done.


Rose-Grace: Since you're doing this to save money, I think you might want to think about another driver.  That way you wouldn't have to stop and get a hotel or campsite halfway there.  

Kyra: Whitney suggested we take Tanner along, but I wouldn't be comfortable with that.  

Brent: She's already concerned about my family's reaction to Wilma.  Whitney's boyfriend... 

Rose-Grace: I understand that.  Did you know Whitney's best friend can drive this thing?  The boys say she even handles it better than Finnick does.  

Brent: Nakoma or Mariko?  

******

Meanwhile, at Doll County Day Care:


John: I'm really proud of you girls.  Most grown women wouldn't handle my job problems as well as you two have. 

Roxy: You won't let us be poor for long, Daddy.  You'll do all your homework and ace that test and get the center back, I bet, before school starts back up in fall. 

Kelly: What we gonna do in here when the center moves? 

John: I guess we'll just leave it as a playroom. Maybe turn this downstairs back into a house and move out of the servant's quarters.  (shrugs) The Sulu kids and Anakin are coming to play while Sulu and Pocahontas help me study. 



Less than an hour later. 

Sulu: You're late.

Pocahontas: You're ugly.  (They both laugh.)  John, I hope you don't want to study in here with all this chaos. 

John: No, I have a study area set up in the kitchen.  Dixie should come with us, but Roxy and Anakin can supervise in here.  


John: You hear that, Roxy?  Anakin? 

Anakin: Yes, sir.  We'll try to avoid bloodshed and broken bones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment