Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2019

Start of Summer

Brent and Kyra meet for lunch on Sundance's patio.


Zenobia: Don't you see enough of me when the band rehearses at your house?

Kyra: Forget you, I'm here for some of Midna's pot roast and a tall glass of sweet tea.

Zenobia: Whitney said you're planning a trip out West.  Please don't do it Fourth of July week.  

Kyra: Whitney already told us you and Tris got that apartment at Lakeshore and drafted the entire family to help.  You might want to keep non-breakables for Wilma to tote.


Brent: I offered to babysit but both she and Wilma vetoed that idea. Who else do you have for heavy lifting? The Pike boys, I'm sure. 

Zenobia: And Four.  Tris's boyfriend. All the guys hope to bring siblings to help.  

Brent: With all that help, we should have you moved in a day.  

Zenobia: That's the plan.  

******  

Pocahontas is working in her office when someone knocks on the open office door. 


Pocahontas (not looking up): If it's open, you can stroll on in!  We keep it casual at the cove!


John: I wasn't sure if I'd be welcome.  All things considered. 

Pocahontas (surprised): Don't be silly.  I told you, I've decided to forgive if not to forget. 

John: Fair enough.


Pocahontas:  Is there a problem with Anakin?  Has he been behaving when he comes over?

John: Anakin's a great kid.  I came to ask for a job. The county's revised the criteria for day care providers and I didn't make the cut.  They're shutting me down at the end of the month.

Pocahontas (angry): What the?!  

John (exhausted): I know.  I'm telling the parents tomorrow.  

Pocahontas: That's ridiculous.  You were born for that job.  All you ever talked about was being a kindergarten teacher, then you couldn't go to college, so...  (forces herself to calm down)  You can start here the first of July. If nothing else, you can operate kiddie rides like back in the day.

John bursts into tears of relief.

******

Finally, Marcus Eaton takes Finnick and Albus back at the same time to get the casts removed. 


Marcus: Who's first? 

Finnick (to Albus): Age before beauty.

Albus: But I'm both!  


Marcus: Both of you, make a follow-up appointment.  I don't think any PT is needed, but I want to make sure before deciding. 

Finnick: I'm just glad to have that thing off!  

Albus: How do you think I feel?  At least you could walk! 

Finnick: Didn't slow you down any.  You still managed to score with the fed. 

Albus: I don't like to kiss and tell... but if I did...    

No comments:

Post a Comment