Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2022

Kids These Days

 Snape and Diana, moving her into her new home, take a lunch break.



Whitney: Well, hello, Mr. Snape.  How have you been? 

Snape: Quite well.  Have you met my sister?  Diana, this is a former student of mine, Whitney Darling.  I imagine she's a student of yours now.  


Whitney: Oh, you must be the new History instructor.  

Diana: Yes, I am.  

Whitney:  I guess I'll see you this evening, then.  I'm in the eight o'clock class. 

Snape: Whitney's an excellent student.  (to Whitney) Have you decided on a major? 

Whitney: Not yet.  My father wants me to go into broadcasting, my boyfriend's aunt wants me in paleontology, my daughter wants me to be a doctor... 

Snape: No pressure from Tanner to go into animal husbandry? (To Diana) Whitney is dating the heir apparent of Windu Acres.  Rose-Grace's stepson. 

Whitney: I should have a career of my own, so I can take care of myself if...  you know, if anything happens. 



William: You flirt with men old enough to be your father?  

Whitney: He's a teacher at the high school.  And what you call flirting is part of my job description.

William: When are you coming into the studio?  

Whitney: I'm not.  I told you, broadcasting doesn't interest me. 



Charlotte: You should treat your father with more respect.  

Whitney: I don't believe politely declining a job offer is disrespectful, Mrs. Jackson.  

Charlotte (to William): My own children are disrespectful as well.  They rarely check in on me or their father, who is hospitalized.  Our generation -- 

William: This is a business lunch.  I prefer not to discuss personal matters. 

Charlotte: I understand.  Since Rayshawn is running late, I suppose I could summarize for you what we have in mind. 

*** 

Whitney rushes to class after work. 


Nakoma: There you are!  I was getting worried. 

Whitney: I met our new prof today.  She's Snape's sister.

Nakoma: Oh, dear.  I hope she's nicer than him.  

Esperanza: Who's Snape?  Your ex?

Nakoma: Chemistry teacher at the high school.  I don't have an ex. 


Ken: Did you hear that?  We're getting a female Snape!  

Frodo: Chill, man.  Mom met her when she was enrolling her little boy at school.  Mom said she's really nice.  Great sense of humor. 

Ken: She must have gotten all the sense of humor genes in the family.  


















No comments:

Post a Comment