Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Holiday Fashion Show

My dolls got all kinds of spoiled this Christmas.  Cleo De Nile and Lagoona Blue joined the party.  The Bags behind Cleo and Lagoona are full of things for dolls - mostly clothes.  The bag with the tree is for Barbieville citizens and the Santa bag is for Rusty.


Today we're focusing on the tree bag.  I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with Cleo and Lagoona.  They're my first Monster High gals,  as I'm not really a fan.  It is nice that I have a Cleo again.  I had a feline companion for almost 20 years named Cleo.  

Keep in mind, these clothes were removed from any packaging!  I had to conserve space as much as possible to fit all my gifts into my vehicle and then my apartment, since Santa delivers for me at a relative's.  Some were store bought.  Some looked to be from Etsy shops or EBay.  



This red purse and yellow watch were, I think, in the package with the Super Mario dress.  


The kitten came with a ball of yarn and a bag of food.  Puppy can hold the Frisbee in his mouth and has a bone-shaped chew toy.  Both came with removable collars and a food dish.  Max, Soot, and Ash are happy to have some new friends.


Four pair of shoes, two colors, all the same mold.  The ankle straps either made putting these on difficult or just broke.  I'm mad at them.


Two pair of purple clogs.  These stayed on surprisingly well, considering only the single strap help them in place.  


I've heard this style called mules.  Jointed knee dolls they slipped off of easily, but the click knee dolls had no trouble.  The different types of plastic?  


Pointed toes!  Something about these says "witch".  Also, kicking people gains a whole new level of pain infliction.  They stay on well and look cute in the process.


Now we're on to the fancy pairs with detailing.  Red studs, Red grapevines with a cluster of fruit, Blue roses (remind me to remove that extra bit of plastic before putting this pair away), and simple blue sneakers. My favorite here is the grapes, hands down.


The first pair here looks like the ruffled collar and buttons down the front of a Victorian dress.  The second reminds me of a curtain tie-back.  The third pair is stunning, and I heartily apologize for not being able to get a better picture.  Trust me, I tried!  They are translucent and look like liquid gold dripping off her ankles and heel.  


White sneakers, white studs on a wide ankle strap, and black studs.


Fine green chains.  Swans with stars for heels.  The boots remind me of Batman nemesis Poison Ivy.  A green pair of mules that don't want to stay on.


The first pair look like they're made from a purple toolbox, the truck-bed kind.  The center pair was almost impossible to get on the foot.  That third pair has heart shaped cut outs!  


Very Cupid-esque shoes.  The heel is an arrow and there are wings at the ankle.  The second pair has hearts along the front/top of the foot.  Both very cute.


Ballet slippers.  Nuff said.


First pair looks like drops of condensation on a cold drink.  Daisies on that second pair. Third pair has a nautical/mermaid vibe - scales and chains.  Simple wide straps on the fourth.


Ballet flats, sneakers, and a pair way too small for anyone.  I even tried them on Stacie! 


Guy shoes - high top sneakers, work boots, and regular sneakers.

All told, we're very happy with the shoes.  Only a few pairs that can't be used out of so many.  And I just love the details!  I just wish my close-ups had come out so y'all could see them!  

On to the clothing.  About time, right?  Especially considering how little time my dolls spend in shoes?


Four, Tanner, and Finnick are the most medium sized men I've got, so I chose them to model the few outfits I got for the guys.  These were all Mattel and I'm pretty sure I've paired them up right.  Four is rocking the lumberjack look.  Tanner flashes his abs in a bomber jacket and sweats.  Finnick looks preppy in a hoodie and faded jeans. 

They report these tops are slightly snug in the biceps, but otherwise quite comfy.  Bad news for the muscle men.  


The pants are another matter.  Four's sporting a quarter moon and Finnick has a full moon rising.  Tanner laughs at them both.  Kevin and Ricky steal Finnick's pants.  Four, who can at least move, flees the scene.  


On to the ladies.  Midna (who, remember, is named for a Legend of Zelda character) sports the Super Mario mini that I mentioned earlier.  PJ and Violet look ready for Ladies' Night.  Esmeralda is sporting a denim (yes, real denim) skirt.  


Here they show the difference in Velcro closures.  Esmeralda's dress might be better suited for a belly-button body. Violet's is straining a bit, but both PJ and Midna are secure.  This is a good indicator of variation in the mold of the dolls and the patterns of the clothes

Raven's ready to go motorcycle shopping (in a skirt?).  Batgirl's rocking separates - love the high waisted skirt.  Whitney is also in separates but she really wants Raven's jacket to complete the look. Too bad it's attached to the rest of Raven's outfit.  Mariko says her dress really needs to be a shirt.  She's no prude, but...  


Ready to hit the gym?  Rose-Grace, Tris, and Clara are wearing unitards.  Pocahontas and Kyra have separates.  They were gonna trade shirts but decided y'all needed to keep your eyeballs.


Let's go casual.  Zenobia's pantsuit is prone to wardrobe malfunctions if she isn't careful how she turns.  Nakoma, Candy, and Becky don't have those worries.  Loving the high waists! 



The extra separates. We already saw the unitard and Kyra's shorts.   Kyra's top is nice, but what is that thing around Rose-Grace's waist?  Maybe on a gal with slimmer hips, it could be a tutu?  Tag says Hairmonies.  Research will be done.  Because as it is... it's a very frilly belt.


Time for some glam!  Batgirl proves redheads can rock pink, Zenobia gets her peacock on, Tris sports an alternative to the LBD, and Candy hopes her top doesn't slip.  I am thrilled that the Liv body can wear that peacock dress.  It yelled "Zenobia" as soon as I saw it. 


Raven in another real denim skirt.  Mariko, PJ, and Becky ready to party.  Kyra?  Kyra, honey, what is up with that bow?   


And the last set of clothes... a whole passel of sundresses.  These shots show the fun designs, but also how well the dresses fit dolls of different body molds.  Rose-Grace thinks I put her in that dress because of the roses.  Really, it was the way that yellow pops against her skin tone.


Zenobia only took off the peacock dress because I offered her the blue and white.  These are so much fun, even just to look at.  

All told, I and the citizens of Barbieville are tickled pink (pun intended) by the vastly expanded wardrobe.  Kyra's already planning to wear the one she's modeling here to meet Brent's sister.


4 comments:

  1. I got a Cleo from a thrift store with no hands and with what I call "icicles" in her hair. I removed the icicles and did a body swap to a barbie body with a matching skin tone.Although not a made to move body,I still am happy with how she turned out. Congratulations on the clothes and shoes for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Icicles meaning the kind you put on a Christmas tree? I've always called that tinsel hair! Either one works, though, don't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it does. I enjoy reading your blogs. Looking forward to reading your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tasha! I enjoy blogging - both my soapboxing and my doll play!

    ReplyDelete