Pages

Monday, March 11, 2019

Rebuilding the Diner (Cafe?) Part Two

One of these bottles was never even opened.  I also got 30 brushes because they were only a dollar.  They've been adopted, along with the partial bottle, by The Boy.  He has use for them. The unopened bottle will be returned to the store. 

   

Everything gathered in the doll corner, ready for me.  Clearly visible is the failed attempt to use nail polish as chair paint.  I took the faux marble off the shelving unit and decided to paint it, as well.  


First coat done.  Still need to do the underside.  I have no disposable dishes, so I used a tea jar lid to hold rinse water and part of doll packaging as a palette.  It ain't pretty, but it works.  


Second coat.  Got the underside this time.  The daycare's playground is there because I was using it to provide a slant and keep the paint pooled in a corner.  I wasn't painting it.  Mariko and Whitney are glad to see progress.  They like their paychecks!  


While all that was drying, I planted colorful daisies on the exterior.  Each of these is a separate sticker and some had to be cut to approximate the shape of the indent.


But at least now, the planters aren't barren.  Midna better appreciate this.


Final coat.  Brush strokes are visible, but Midna likes the rustic look.  The front of the unit and chair backs look a tad bland.  Possible embellishments to come. 


Midna loves the bright daisies and the idea of patio seating.  Don't worry, Midna, I've already picked out the backdrop for when we do the photo stories.  


Menus!  


And surprise! A busser's cart!


"I'm gonna have to hire more people!"

No comments:

Post a Comment