Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2019

I've Been Shopping

NAKED DOLLS AHEAD
GO AWAY NOW 



Trader's World is one of those huge flea markets a person could spend an entire day in.  We went there before Christmas but, since I was shopping for Santa, I couldn't take advantage of the excellent deals I saw on dolls.  I've wanted to go back since, but it's nearly a two hour drive and I'm possibly the most nervous driver in Ohio.  Maybe even in America. 

I got my chance today!  The bargains weren't as plentiful this time of year, but I think I did all right. 


Becky Lynch.  She was new in box, so she's ready to play right now!  

I have a Becky, so she's going to go by Lynch. Pike does it, so can she!  I already did a review of these WWE Superstars (aka Wrestler Ladies) so y'all know I love the body mold.  Her hair's more orange than Morgan's (formerly Eva Marie) and I really like those steampunk britches.


Special Air Service GI Joe.  He's got a Union Jack on one sleeve and #13 on his back. The shirt is molded on, but at least it's a black T and not something hard to work with.  He was in a bin and badly needs a bath.  His noggin's skin doesn't quite match the rest of him, but I'm not sure if that's the plastic aging or if he's had a head transplant at some point.   


Topless Moana.  She was also in a bin and her hair is a mess.  Bath time for her.


This dude is wearing in this picture exactly what he had on in the box. I've been reading The Drawing of The Three and the scene where Eddie goes into battle stark naked was fresh in my mind.  Care to guess what I've decided his name is?

Since he's obviously not new in box, he'll be getting a bath before play.


When I took him out of the box, I found his uniform inside the bottom flap.  BONUS!  


Soapy bubbles and a scrub later, the men are ready for the dish doll washer.  Moana's hair rescued her from that little adventure.  It was here that I realized Lynch and both these guys are redheads.


Hand-washed and ready for the laundry basket.  Well... not the boots, gun, necklace and helmet.


Before making a decision on Moana, I compared her skin tone to Courtney Montez.  Not close enough for my comfort.  Courtney will get a new friend instead of working elbows and knees.  Moana's shorter than Skipper size dolls, but taller than Stacie size.  But she has breasts, so she'll be one of my middle school students.  She'll just be short, like Frodo. 


Moana, after a bath and hair styling, joins Lynch in waiting for the guys.  They're both glad they couldn't join the guys in that noisy machine.


All clean and ready for play.  Now to figure out what roles they will be playing in Barbieville.  Oh, yeah, and a name for #13.

2 comments:

  1. You got some great finds. I thing the two red haired Joes can be brothers! I don't have a dishwasher so I had never thought about using a dishwasher to clean dolls! I guess it is better for dolls without hair. I am always surprised to see new dolls to the market at places like thrift stores and flea markets. It is starting to be flea market time around here! I am homing to add to new dolls around her too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hair can mess up the machine, or vice versa. Or both. Don't do it!

    I did think about making them be related, but decided against it.

    ReplyDelete