Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

An Evening Of Glamour

Prom Night


The twins pose with their dates before leaving for the big dance.  

Tanner:  How long does it take you to snap a photo, Step-Mom? 

Finnick: Give her a break, man.  She isn't a pro like Mom.



Guinness and McG are chaperoning the event.  They retire to a corner, not wishing to intrude on the fun any more than needed. 

McG: You probably know the Pike twins...  they're my grandsons. 

Guinness: I'm sure you know, then, about my son and the reasons behind his absence.  He's been, shall we say, less than a gentlemen in recent months.  

McG: I've heard the stories.  I do have to say I'm surprised you've included Prom.  

Guinness (slyly):  I assumed he wouldn't want to attend.  Why, at any minute a gang fight or a war dance might break out. Perhaps even a Food Stamp exchange.  

McG:  I don't know if I'm shocked or amused.

Guinness: Why not both?


Finnick: Wow.  Most of us don't even look like us any more.  

Nakoma: I think that's the idea.  We aren't us tonight, we're aristocrats or something.

Finnick:  Excuse me, ma'am, are you implying that my girlfriend is anything less than a lady?


Tris: But the photo package is so expensive.

Four: Mom insisted we get it.  You can argue with her.


Whitney: I can't believe I'm dancing with you like this.  It's like a dream come true.

Tanner: And all it took was a mad arsonist damn near killing me.

Whitney: Are all the Pike boys too dense to see that a girl likes him? 

Tanner: Fred and Orlando are a little young yet. 


Raven: I can't believe Mom wanted us to come together. 

Peeta: We did come together.

Raven: I mean together together.  Sorry, but my stepbrother is not gonna be my Prom date.

Peeta: Oh, yeah.  That was weird.  I guess she just figured it was better than not having a date.

Raven: As if.


Prom Royalty: Mariko Nakano and Frodo Dean.



Everybody dance now!


Dance the night away!


Shake your groove thing!


Frodo likes to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment