Pages

Friday, May 24, 2019

Glam Vacation House

I was hearing the siren call of the local thrift store and had nothing better to do, so off I went.  I found this, or most of it anyway: 


This picture isn't mine.  I snitched it off the Internet. 


The one I found was missing all the accessories and a few decorative bits.  The banisters for the rooftop patio were the biggest things, and I'm not planning to have a rooftop patio.  


There's some damage to the paperboard backing.  No biggie - I'll replace instead of covering up.


Counter top can be folded upright to be some sort of screen?  Works great for my nefarious purposes. 


The back couch cushions are a long plastic piece that can be lifted and popped into place under the window trim, in order to turn the living room into a bedroom.  (Couch into a bed.) 


Backing, smaller bits, and stickers removed.  Ready for the dishwasher.


While the dishwasher is running, I get out my scrapbook paper and saved bits of packaging.  This side will be the exterior walls.


This side is the interior decor. 


A big fake window.  A lovely view of historic Witch's Cove at sunset. Or is it sunrise?


The reverse - a mural of Windigo, the newest coaster in the park.


Oops.  I broke and/or lost the little pegs to hold these in place.  After saying a few bad words, I had to go with Plan B.  


I'm not very happy with it, but it will serve until I come up with Plan C. 


Sunflowers instead of the creek rocks.


And Witch's Cove has a new ticket booth!  Nakoma especially likes the kitchenette for her lunch breaks.  Anakin gives the couch a trial run.  It's there for employees during down time, or when waiting for their ride home.


Anakin is being silly and pretending to buy a ticket even though he gets in free.  


UPDATE:  PLAN C 


I wanted something to break up all that pink, but not a solid color.  This galaxy print duck tape suits my purposes, carries through with a touch of pink, and (sorta kinda) follows the witch theme of the park's name.  


I've been a trifle obsessed with using this packaging.  I love the look of it!  I giggled when I realized that the customer transaction window says "approach with extreme caution" under it.

1 comment: