Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Mother's Day Weekend

Friday, before dawn, at Witch's Cove Campground.


Lorina: Stop trying to talk me into staying longer.  I want to spend Mother's Day with my daughter and grandson.  

Albus (making puppy-dog eyes): Well, if you must...  

Lorina (laughing): I must.  It's been fun, Albus, but all good things must end. 

Albus: Bummer, right? 

******

Friday,early evening, at The Overlook.


Jason: I'm sorry I didn't have time to take you home, kiddo.  But I'm sure Pocahontas won't mind if you explore the beach down there.  

Moana: I'll be the best dressed beachcomber this town has ever seen.  


Jason:  Sorry if I'm late.  We went to the graveyard so Moana could put some flowers on her mom's grave and got caught in traffic on the way back.  It is okay for her to go down there, right?

Pocahontas: That's what those steps are for.  I was just telling the others that this month's flowers had a Mother's Day card in it.  I'm not even ten years older than Nakoma! 

Jason: Maybe he knows you've generously given them maternal care even though they aren't your children.  I'd hate to think this guys doesn't know you're their sister if he's courting you.

Pocahontas:  Courting me?  I guess that term works as well as any, if a little dated.  


Nova: Mariko and I are going to do an on-line chat with her mom, and then we're taking mine out to lunch.  What do you guys have planned?

Becky:  Nothing.  The kids are totally bummed - this is their first year without theirs, and my parents expect us to fly across the country just for the day.  With Ron and Ginny's money, you know. 

Ben: Claudia wants to go see our mom, but the prison doesn't have visiting hours on Sunday, so we're going tomorrow. I'd just as soon not do it, but the social worker says I need to let Claudia work things out for herself. 

Nova:  Wait, your parents are in jail? 

Ben: Just mom.  Dad is in the cemetery.  I don't want to talk about it. 

******

Sunday morning, the Pike house.


Rose-Grace:  This might be the most unusual breakfast in bed I've ever seen. 


Fred: Taylor said you'd want boring ole bacon and eggs and I said no way.  Step Mommy likes pizza!

Taylor: He was... um... quite insistent.  

Rose-Grace:  Well, he isn't wrong.  I do like pizza, bear claws, and cappachino.  

Fred: Now eat up!  We got lots of fun on the Jenda for today! 


Rose-Grace:  I hope you aren't forgetting Candy.  She did give birth to half of you.

Tanner: She's still on assignment.  We'll have a belated one for her when she gets back.  

Fred: She likes raw fishies, so we can take her to the ornamental buffet.




2 comments: