Pages

Friday, May 17, 2019

The Ornamental Buffet

A Taste Of The Orient, or (as Fred calls it) the ornamental buffet, is having a busy evening.

  

Tanner: You know when you come to an Asian buffet, you're supposed to eat the Asian food? 

Fred: No raw fishies for me.  Stacie gots sketti, go pick on her. 

Candy: It's so nice to have a dinner with all of you.  I'm sorry I wasn't in town on Mother's Day.

Taylor:  It would have been really hard to spoil both you and Mom on the same day.  

Stacie: If Rose-Grace is our stepmother, what's that make you to Taylor and Nikki?  

Candy: I don't think that relationship has a name.  Used to be, the only way to get a stepmother was to have a dead biological mother.  


Fred: Hi guys!  How come you're here? 

Bobby: We're celebrating our new sister.  Come see. (To Candy)  Can he come see?  We're sitting right over there.  Our mommy is a cop, so you know we won't steal him.

Candy: I know your parents.  Go on, Fred, and be good.


Lynch: Her name is Dixie.

Fred: Do you feed her with your boobies?

Lynch (laughs): I can't.  I didn't grow her in my belly and that's how you get breast milk.

Fred: She sure looks like you grew her in your belly. So does Vivica. 

Lynch:  We told the adoption people that we preferred another Eurasian mix like Vivica.  


Bobby: It was my idea. She won't get picked on like me.

Fred: Bobby, don't pay no attention to the picker-onners.  Your daddy still loves you even if your faces don't match. 

Vivica: Did you see our dresses match?  

Sulu: Better than my face and Bobby's, anyway.  (He and Bobby high-five.) 


Brent: Wine?

Kyra: Not yet.  You said we need to talk.  I find it's best to be sober for that kind of thing.


Brent: Well, we've been seeing each other for some time and I think it's going very well.  I just want to make sure we're on the same page before we go any further.  Do you see a future for us?  As in possible marriage and children?  Perhaps my adoption of your daughters, since William seems to have little paternal love for them? 


Kyra: You really have got no game at all, don't you?  No sweet talk, just right to the point.

Brent: I'm sorry.

Kyra:  Don't be.  William was all about the sweet talk.  I like your way better.  (Considers for a moment.) A future is a definite possibility, including but not limited to marriage.  We should give Wendy a bit more time to adapt before making any serious plans.  She's just reached the point of calling you Brent instead of Mr. Spiner.

Brent: Of course.  

Kyra: I thought you were going to break it off.  (Laughs)  And you pretty much just proposed. 

Brent: Nothing so formal as that.  I just didn't want to assume we had the same goals. 

Kyra: You're so strange.  Pour the wine, sir, and we can drink to the possible future. 

2 comments: