Pages

Friday, January 3, 2020

After Christmas Markdowns


NUDE DOLLS AHEAD!  YOU WILL SEE FEATURELESS GROINS!

Finally got over to Maysville for groceries and to hit the post-holiday clearance.  Of, course, since this is me we're talking about, that included toys!  The only actual Christmas stuff I got was 200 ornament hooks for a quarter and 2 boxes of cereal for three bucks.  (I used the cereal boxes and a towel I already owned to hide my messy kitchen.) 


Found Supergirl at the thrift store.  Her noggin was beyond help, my help anyway, but I'm pretty sure the only thing missing was her boots!  They had a plethora of Barbies, most not articulated, but at least I scored a good body donor.  Complete with cute dress, necklace, and socks. 


Found some furniture at the thrift store as well.  Looks like I can actually set scenes in PJ's office now.  I have removed the cardboard bit for cleaning - I never trust thrift stores or yard sales.  ETERNAL VIGILANCE! (Bonus points if you get that reference.)


Also picked up a table and a shelving unit with a clock.  All for less than six bucks!  


These two guys came from "real" stores.  10 bucks for a fully articulated dude?  I can deal with permanent blue hands!  I've already got a few in fingerless gloves running around Barbieville, anyway. They had a couple of his Marvel Rising team mates, but I'm not quite desperate enough for an articulated girl to deal with metal hands or a fist nearly the size of her head.

The other dude is a five-pointer, but anyone who knows me can guess why I grabbed him.  His hair and that tie-dye shirt, of course!  He'll have to wait for me to find a matching body donor, poor guy.  My only male donor is way too pale.


The box tells me Blue-hands is Rayshawn Lucas AKA Patriot.  Rayshawn has lots of articulation, including a version of the Made-To-Move knee! He's got a mischievous grin, which makes me think he's gonna be a lot of fun. 

I was surprised at how mature Hippy Ken's face looks.  I'm thinking he's gonna be a parent for one of the younger teens.  


They tried to trade clothes, but Rayshawn's thighs are just a bit meatier than Hippy Ken's. 

Rayshawn: Ha ha, I can almost sit in the Lotus Position!
Hippy Ken: Ha ha, I've got real hair!  By the way, Jeanie, can we wash all this product out of my hair?


Look!  He's weeping with joy! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratz! I'm glad you got both of them! I have them too and really like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you had any luck finding a body donor for the one?

      Delete