Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2018

The Brats

The third and last in this series, showing you the variety of dolls currently living in Barbieville.  Today, we have those not of driving age.


High School Musical and Wizards of Waverly Place dolls share a body mold.  For some reason, Mattel didn't make them 11.5 inches but 10.  Due mostly to the height, they're not adults.


Skipper and the female Babysitters Inc dolls share a torso, but the Babysitter's left arm is bent and Skipper has click knees.  They're also 10 inches, but not as (ahem) developed.  That's okay with me because that gives Barbieville a bit more realism.  Any given Junior High class is going to have a variety of stages represented.


The male Babysitter (obviously) has a different body mold than the others.  Samantha is a Barbie rebodied onto MC2 body - I didn't realize the height difference until the job was done, but her face is youthful enough to work either way!



Stacie, the toddlers, and babies.  Stacie is eight inches, Three of the toddlers are the original Kelly and one is the new Kelly (renamed Chelsea for some reason).  The original Kellys are 4 inches and the new Chelsea is 5 inches.  The babies are Happy Family newborns.



WARNING UNDERAGE DOLL NUDITY

Everyone is only jointed at the neck, hips, and shoulders.  Except Samantha.  She's got the knees, wrists, and elbows as well!  The Kellys have the same mold for both sexes, using paint and hair styles to differentiate.  Which makes sense - our bodies are pretty much the same until puberty.


I've been keeping my eye out for better articulated dolls of this size.  The only one I've found so far is the MC2.  I do know some forms of Barbie's sisters have elbows and knees - and I just realized Stacie was too modest to pose here!  Stacie is the only doll I have in her size, so far.  I'm keeping an eye out for her some friends.  Samantha will vouch for the fact that I'm not above reducing someone's age through a rebody (Although in her case it was an accident.)



2 comments:

  1. I know it is hard to find articulated alternatives for the younger set, but there are some albeit they are a bit on the pricey side. I have also done some kit bashing or body modifications to give mine articulation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm too chicken to try body modifications. Head Swaps are my limit.

    ReplyDelete