Pages

Monday, April 9, 2018

Welcome to the new blog

I've noticed that my dolls seem to be taking over "Adventures In Freeloading", even with me exercising some restraint.  For anyone who isn't reading that blog, I'll summarize the doll-related posts:  I am not a serious collector of dolls or much of a DIY girl.  I am completely and unashamedly guilty of using the brand name Barbie to refer to fashion dolls.  My "Barbies" include dolls made from several different companies and several hybrids therein.  (Samantha is a Barbie/MC2 and Zenobia is a Barbie/Liv.)  They also include male dolls and younger boys and girls.

I could get into my messed-up childhood to explain myself, but I'll spare everyone that.  The simple fact is that I enjoy playing with dolls, I'm not hurting anyone, and I don't care if it isn't appropriate for a woman in her 50s. I prefer expressive faces.  My favorite body type is jointed at neck, shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees.  Most of the population of my Barbieville came from yard sales, thrift shops, and clearance racks.

My biggest single Barbie expense has been the house.  The most customized thing I have is probably the camper.  I plan to blog about each of them separately, with photos, so I won't get into detail here about either of them.

Population of my Barbieville stands at 34 dolls, 2 horses, and 3 dogs.  I hope you're ready to hear all about them - including some PG13 storytelling!  For my opinions on pretty much anything else, visit "Adventures In Freeloading".

Oh, I forgot...  standard disclaimer goes here so none of the companies that makes these toys sue me.  They own the rights, I'm not making money off this, etc...


1 comment:

  1. So I came right over here from Ms. Leo's blog to check you out! LOL! I look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete