Pages

Friday, April 13, 2018

The Men

I don't have a lot of men in my collection, because I can be picky about my dolls.  I avoid dolls with Vapid Face, a syndrome that seems epidemic in the already limited male doll market.  As I mentioned before, I prefer the jointed bodies, but a good face mold can always get rebodied.

First, my Hunger Games and Divergent men.  They all have the Barbie Collection body.  The Finnick twins (the topless one is named Tanner), Peeta, and Four.  You can see personality in those faces!  Four has a full-back tattoo, just like in the movie.  They like to lounge instead of sitting up straight, but who doesn't?


Ken has been rebodied - I think his body is My Scene.  Pike and Sulu are Playmates Star Trek.  Ken looks smitten (fitting since he's originally Sweet Talking Ken.) Pike and Sulu have a determined look to them.

The shorties.  Dean is a MG Toys action figure.  The guy in the middle is Tre from Mattel's Flavas line but I call him Frodo because he's short and got those big Elijah Wood eyes.  He's almost as short as the adolescents, but he's got facial hair and is kinda buff, so I've decided he's at least driving age.  Joe is a Navajo Code Talker GI Joe.  Dean looks worried, Frodo's daydreaming, and Joe is stern.



 WARNING NAKED DOLLS 

One of each body mold is doing the full monty so you can see the articulation.  Ignore the holes in Joe... he used to talk.  Almost everyone has the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, and ankles. (I'm not a fan of the ankles.  Who wants backwards feet?)  Pike, Dean, and Frodo have torso articulation.  Pike's boxers and boots are molded on, and he is standing on his own. Ken and Frodo, like Pike, don't have articulated ankles.  The only issues I have with these guys is that Frodo has click knees instead of the hinge and Ken's elbows are stiff.





These are the adult* male citizens of Barbieville who are driving age or older.  Pike is the official dad of the dollhouse family and the Finnick twins are the eldest brats.  The Family will get its own post, eventually.  Next time we'll meet The Women. 

*For purposes of this blog, adult is defined as 16 and up.  




2 comments:

  1. You have a nice start on your "adult" male collection! Like you, articulated bodies is a must for me, so many (and I mean almost all by this) of my dolls have been rebodied or had had other body modifications to give them articulation! BTW and FYI, your Ken has the 2nd Wave Fashionista Ken body and not a My Scene Body. My Scene male bodies do not have jointed wrists and their hands are very large and they have the old style neck post. I have used the My Scene bodies of several of my older Kens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be a second generation head swap - it had a My Scene noggin.

    ReplyDelete