Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Women

I love the personalities in all these faces!  The Female adult (past driving age) citizens of my Barbieville:

The first group (above) have click legs,  The second (below) have hinge-knee legs.  For the most part they are variations of the "belly button" Barbie. I honestly don't remember specifically which ones, but I'll explain the ones I do!    


Biggest difference in the click leg bodies is that Violet (in the green and black mesh) has a Disney Store body, and therefore jointed wrists.  Here she and one of the others compare wrists.



WARNING NAKED DOLLS  -- DON'T LOOK 
Again, the full monty so you can see the body molds.  One of each.


Tris is Barbie Collection, with no joint at the elbow or wrist but a tattoo above one breast.  She's shaped a little different in the hip joint.  Candy is a standard Belly Button Barbie with no wrist articulation.  Violet, as noted above, is Disney Store (specifically Pocahontas).  She has click knees, is jointed at the elbow and wrist, and has a tribal tattoo around one bicep.  Midna is a rebodied Fairytopia Sunburst.  She's got articulation at elbows, wrists, knees, and torso.  PJ's shaped more like the classic wasp-waisted Barbie, but the waist turns and bends.  She's got elbows and knees that bend, but not wrists or ankles, and flat feet.  Everyone, of course, has shoulders and hips.  Most have neck articulation, but an unfortunate few noggins had to be glued in place.  Zenobia has a Liv body and is fully articulated.  PJ's is my favorite of the adult female body molds.


A close up of "Sunburst".  I couldn't get a good photo of my doll, but I wanted to show her tattoo since I mentioned Violet's and Tris's, so had to track one down on the Internet.  It's part of her face paint, so not a body issue, and I'm talking about the bodies here.  But it just wasn't fair to leave her tattoo out!  If you've seen Divergent or Pocahontas, you know what the others look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment